Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A very long Friday...

Karen's Friday sounds as busy as mine. Got up at midnight. Did laundry. Finished packing. Got to the airport for 4am to get checked in. Went back to my car to drop off books to make room for clothes in my carry-on because my suitcase was 5lbs too heavy, and there was no room in my gun case for them. Fly to Huntsville by way of Memphis. Get the rental car & drive to Chattanooga. (This being cheaper than flying to Chattanooga itself... and faster as well!) Get to the con hotel an hour & a half late due to traffic & a time zone change. Get checked in. Get my badge. Pay Mad Mike for the knife he's making for me. Catch up with a friend or two. Go back to the room and crash for a few hours. Then get up, get into Viking garb, and wander the halls drinking mead from a cow horn until the wee hours & I had to get some sleep before the Saturday range trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for con arrival day! Sounds busy, but fun. :)